One of the largest manufacturers
& distributors of food ingredients globally.
Davars M.P. Organics forayed into the manufacturing market in 1982. Project began by setting up an in house R&D laboratory for the development and standardization of various food, pharmaceutical and industrial grade additives which were essentially import substitutes of Carrageenans, Pectin, Alginates and Locust bean gum. Samples of manufactured products were sent to different concerned laboratories of C.S.I.R. as well as others for quality testing and evaluation. After receiving positive test reports, the company started its modest business industry on a small scale by investing individual capital. Within a short span of time, the company received first rating on the basis of product quality, with its patented formulations being well-accepted by the industry as perfect import substitutes.
Over the years, Davars attained unprecedented business growth, also registering itself as the first company of its
kind to acquire HACCP certification by the globally renowned TUV-Mitte
of Germany in the late 90's. Davars also acquired registration from APDEA &
is today exporting its products to key global markets of United Kingdom, Belgium, Russia, Kuwait, Egypt, Congo, Tanzania, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, China, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Pakistan, Bhutan, and Bangladesh.
Currently, Davars is a distinguished brand in the dairy & bakery ingredient business with
the widest distribution network in India. The company boasts of its own sales offices in
Delhi, Mumbai & the UAE. The company also operates in
26 states all across India and close to 17 countries worldwide. Relying on its extensive distribution network and
market coverage in India, today the company also engages in the imports, trading &
distribution of various frozen, chilled & dry food products.
Davars manufactures and markets a wide range of processed and
finished foods, which is as follows:
The R&D wing of the company is recognized by DSIR (Department of Science and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India).
Critical R&D activities undertaken by the Davars group can be briefed under the following key heads:
Food & Dairy Technology (R&D Activities)
- Development of new cost effective and more competitive food products in consonance with buyers expectations.
- Value adding in existing products.
- Development and formulation of a functional variety of food products.
- Development and Standardization of formulations for the production of Bakery Ingredients.
- Development of formulations of some important bakery and food ingredients, such as, Piping gel, Muffins, Chocolate cream, Cooking cream, Egg free Mayonnaise.
Microbial Biotechnology (R&D Activities)
- Isolation, improvement, establishment and development of mass production technology of strain of the Probiotic lactic acid bacteria and development of new formulations for the application in dairy fermentation industry as starter culture.
- Isolation, improvement, establishment and development of mass production technology of Saccharomyces cerevisie for application in baking and brewing industry for fermentation.
- Standardization of Upstream, downstream, Freeze drying process for large scale production.
- Isolation, identification and production of Saccharomyces cerevisie (Yeast).
Plant Biotechnology (R&D Activities)
- Conservation of Germplasm of endangered and wild medicinal plants.
- Micropropagation of anticancerous, antidiabetic and ant-HIV plants and their large scale cultivation.
- Production of Biologically active compounds from developed cells and callus system.
- Production of in vitro secondary metabolites
- Agrobacterium- mediated Gene transformation and secondary metabolite production from several medicinal plants.
- Crop improvement and breeding of highly economic crops through micropropagation technology and Protoplast fusion.
- Micropropagation of highly economic horticulture crops.
- Isolation, purification, characterization and formulation of biologically active metbolites.
- Preparation of pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Clinical trials of biologically active metabolites.
Late Shri K.S. Davar
A civil engineer with a post graduation degree from the prestigious University of Sheffield (England), Late Shri K.S. Davar was the founding father and the first chairman of Davars group.
Mrs. Meera Davar, Chairman
Mrs. Meera Davar is another visionary entrepreneur heading major business activities at Davars. Every single Davars product gets tested, approved and passed under her supervision & care.
Owing to her business & management acumen, the Govt. of India offered her directorship of Central Social Welfare Board as also the Govt. of M.P. Offered her directorship of Women's Economic Development Corporation of M.P. Currently, she is also serving on the governing board of Jiwaji University as well as (i) Zonal Advisor LIC (ii) Organizer I.G. working Women's hostel and (iv) Patron All India Magneto therapists Association.
Dr. G.S. Davar, Managing & Technical Director
A gold medalist from the Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore, Dr. G.S. Davar is another key member of the Davars family.
He served as head of the Department of Food Technology at New Delhi in the Institute of Applied Nutrition in Pusa Campus established by the Ministry of Food & Agriculture of the Government of India and FAO of UNO, and in 1995 he was awarded "Udyog Ratna" award at the hands of Shri Vasant Sathe at Delhi.
Recently he was invited by the "TIMES" group as an author for their Food Processing related Journal being brought out as Economic Times Presentation.
Mr. Puneet Davar, Chief Executive
Mr. Puneet Davar, an MBA with specialization in food technology is the Chief Executive of the company who assumed the responsibility of taking the organization forward to the next level.
A true visionary and an adept technocrat, Mr. Puneet Davar was appointed as CEO and assumed office in the year 1999 with the firm belief in the fact that well placed systems and processes drive businesses and not an individual. Under his stewardship, the company effectively participated in major food ingredients events like "AAHAR" in India and food ingredients exhibitions in Singapore, China, Germany & UAE.